Regional Budget Division
Mr Daniel Ofosu Adjei
Regional Economic Planning Division
Internal Audit Division
Human Resource Department
Michael D Abayateye
FUNCTIONS OF THE HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT
The Human Resource Department as a department of the RCC is mandated to ensure the realization of optimum productivity for the provision of quality service delivery at the local level. The Human Resource Department of the Western Regional Coordinating Council (WRCC) exists to provide technical backstopping to Metropolitan, Municipal, and District Assemblies (MMDAs) in the Region by ensuring the effective operationalization of the Human Resource Management policies of the Local Government Service in order to achieve the aforementioned objective.
Its key functions are Recruitment of staff at the local level, Career Management of the staff, Salary Administration, Human Resource Planning & Rationalization as well as Training and Development. The Department is also responsible for staff welfare issues.
Recruitment – Advertise job postings, source candidates, screen applicants, conduct preliminary interviews and coordinate hiring activities with the Regional Co-ordinating Director and the user Heads of Departments responsible for making the final selection of candidates.
Career Progression Management – The HR Department collates and vets applications for upgrading, conversion and promotion from the staff in the Region for onward submission to the Office of the Head of Local Government and other relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies. On receipt of approval from the appropriate authority, the staff are upgraded, converted or promoted to their next respective grades per the available vacancies.
Salary Administration – The HR Department is the lead Department in the management of staff emoluments. The Department ensures the monthly validation and payment of salaries as well as other specific allowances that are due the staff.
Human Resource Planning & Staff Rationalization – This function mostly come in the form of postings and transfers. The Department is to ensure that there is an equitable distribution of staff in terms of numbers, experience, knowledge and skill mix.
Training and Development – Creating and sustaining a skilled workforce strengthens the ability of the RCC to deliver quality service to the MMDAs and the general public. The HR Department develops the strategies and implements the functional steps for the training and development programs.
Staff Welfare – The Department is responsible for all staff welfare issues such as funerals, medical support, marriages, etc. Also the department ensures that retirement benefits of staff are computed and paid on time.
Advertise job postings, source candidates, screen applicants, conduct preliminary interviews and coordinate hiring activities with the Regional Co-ordinating Director and the user Heads of Departments responsible for making the final selection of candidates.
Creating and sustaining a skilled workforce strengthens the ability of the RCC to deliver quality service to the MMDAs and the general public. The HR Department develops the strategies and implements the functional steps for the training and development programs.
MIS / IT Unit
DUTIES OF THE MIS/IT UNIT
The MIS Unit is the main technological backstop of the WRCC. The core duties of the unit as enshrined in the Local Government Service Job description is bulleted below.
- Advises management on the provision and maintenance of computers and accessories.
- Contribute to addressing Information Technology problems and issues at the WRCC.
- Provides leadership in the design and implementation of security measures to protest the IT/IM installations, infrastructure and systems.
- Assist in the design and installation of suitable computer software programmes.
- Advises management on the required computer software packages for installations at the WRCC.
- The MIS unit monitors the functioning of computing devices and writes report with appropriate recommendations on their status.
- Supervises and regulate safety codes regarding computer usage within the WRCC.
- The MIS unit provides timely Data backups and storage alternatives to prevent data lost.
- The Unit oversees the installation and maintenance of computer network systems within the WRCC.
- The MIS Unit ensures the periodic updates on the WRCC official website
- Aside the aforementioned core duties, the unit also Performs all other duties that maybe assigned by management.
Environmental Health Unit
JOHN YAW DONKOR
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical advice for formulation and review of policies and programs in environmental health.
- Develop technical standards and specification for Environmental Health policies and delivery.
- Coordinate, monitor and evaluate Environmental Health policies and programs.
- Manage the day-to-day administration and control all activities for the smooth functioning of the division.
- Liaise with agencies in addressing complex Environmental Health problems requiring inter-sectoral collaboration.
- Lead the quality assurance process of Environmental Health.
- Initiate and coordinate research and lead the dissemination of results the Environmental Health field.
- Vet building plans and specifications of various types of licensed establishments, for complance with Environmental Health rules and regulations.
- Ensure the development of the capabilities, skills and knowledge of staff.
- Appraise direct report; and
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned.