Mr. Ataogye is an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Administrators and Management Consultants Ghana (2018); a Chartered Professional Administrator (ChPA) and a Chartered Management Consultant (CMC).
He was appointed into the Ghana Civil Service (and later the Local Government Service) in May 1990 and has been responsible for the management of the Assemblies’ and the RCC’s Human, Material and Financial Resources; superintending their operations/management, planning co-ordination, resource mobilization as well as service delivery and project implementation.
Mr. Ataogye has a: “let’s fix it” attitude – a true problem solver. He demonstrates strategic and transformational leadership. He is an experienced Administrator / Co-ordinating Director of high repute and is very affable with effective communication and negotiation skills.
Mr. Ataogye, as a student of Nandom Secondary School (1980-1982) and Notre Dame Seminary Secondary School, Navrongo (1975-1980) held the post of House Prefect in both schools.
He holds a BSc(Hons) Administration (Management) from the University of Ghana, Legon and a Master of Governance and Leadership (MGL) from the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA). He also has to his credit, certificates from GIMPA for the Chief Executive Programme, Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration and Post Graduate Certificate in Public Administration.
National Service Assignment
Mr. Michael B. Ataogye fulfilled his National Service obligations at the Navrongo Secondary School (1983/84), where he taught French and Economics and later in 1989 at the Asutifi South District assembly, Kenyasi in the Brong Ahafo Region.
In 2005, he was awarded the Best Senior Staff for Good Human Relations, Staff Motivation and Initiative; and for Leadership provided for the Landscaping and Beautification of the Asante Akim South District Assembly Grounds at Juaso.
He was commended by the Head of Civil Service for Good 2004 Annual Administrative Performance and Reporting (Asante Akim South District Assembly, Juaso).
He was also commended by the Civil Service Council for Excellent Performance in the Execution of the 1999 Performance Agreement of District Co-ordinating Directors (Aowin Suaman District Assembly, Enchi).
Mr. Ataogye served as a member of the Management/ Governing Board of Kumasi Rattray Park (June 2015-December 2016) and a member of the Governing Board of Prempeh College, Kumasi (Feb 2015-Feb 2019).
For his commitment, innovative and pragmatic leadership as well as ethical conduct, he served on the Boards of the following institutions;
- CLOGSAG Fund Board of Trustees,
- Ejuraman Anglican Senior High School,
- Regional Steering Committee on the Resettlement of Atuabo Community near Tarkwa, etc.
He was the Chairman for the Social Committee on the Resettlement of Atuabo Community near Tarkwa (1996-1997) and Chairman for Ejura-Sekyedumase Mutual Health Insurance Scheme (Jan,2009-Nov,2019).
Training/Career Development Courses and Seminars attended
Among the several training courses, seminars and workshops attended are the following:
- Professional Project Management Course organized by Merijja Technologies, Accra,
- Public Procurement Authority Training programme on Public Procurement Act, 2003 (Act 663),
- Workshop conducted by the Management Development and Productivity Institute (MDPI) on District Project Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation (1st Sept- 10th Oct, 2003),
- Alternative Disputes Resolution Training Workshop organized by Ghana National Association of ADR Practitioners (GNAAP),
- Executive Seminar on Conflict Prevention Management and Resolution organized by the Institute of Policy and Strategic Development,
- Institute of Local Government Studies on Executive Leadership, Strategic Management and Conflict Resolution and Management for Co-ordinating Directors,
- Executive Seminar on Fraud Prevention, Detection and Control organized by Institute of Policy and Strategic Development
- Management Development Seminar on Re-Engineering Policy Management and Fiscal Policies for Sustainable Economic Development organized by Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship,
- Workshop by Management Development and Productivity Institute (MDPI) on District Project Planning Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation,
- Workshop by Institute of Local Government Studies on Public Procurement Act 2003, Act 663, Internal Audit Agency Act 2003, Act 658, and Financial Administration 2003, Act 654 for District Assembly Functionaries,
- Institute of Local Government Studies Workshop for Co-ordinating Directors on Public-Private Partnership,
- Member of Ghana’s Delegation to the 33rd African Association for Public Administration and Management (AAPAM) Conference in Lilongwe, Malawi
Thesis and Dissertations presented
Mr. Michael B. Ataogye researched and worked on the following topics;
- “Challenges to Good Governance-the District Level: Perceptions of District Assembly Functionaries and Opinion Leaders in the Ejura-Sekyedumase District” presented to the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA), School of Governance, Leadership and Public Management, Accra, for the Master’s Degree in Governance and Leadership
- “The Problems of Revenue Generation by District Assemblies, A Possible Way Out? – The Case of the Ahanta West District Assembly” submitted to GIMPA in 1996 for award of Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration.